A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Denis's Trees & My New Scarf

I picked up this fantastic scarf

from a charity sale last week. When I saw it I realised it reminded me of something I had already seen...


And then I remembered this......



For some strange reason, I couldn't shake off the memory of the paintings by the French Symbolist artist Maurice Denis (1870-1943).



And of course it all comes together with the fantastic pins of the 1960s and 1970s..... what about this fantastic flower power pin?







Makes you wonder... what comes first... is it colour, is it shape, is it art, is it nature, is it fashion? My hunch is that it's all a dynamic mix that comes together to minds who are creative enough to grasp innovation when they see it.



No comments: