A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Friday, November 13, 2009

Mimi

I was reading The Guardian Weekly and came across this article about
Mimi Weddell.
Actually it was an obituary of a unique lady who passed away on September 24 aged 94. As I scanned the article, I noticed she was born February 15, 1915 - which made her just 1 day and 50 years older than Moi & also an Aquarian which might explain the eccentricities. I just had to read it through and this lady's life was soooo interesting and vibrant especially in her later years that I had to search some more. Here is a picture of Mimi

and this is where I found it.....http://www.hatsoffthemovie.com/

Visit the site to find out about this lady, hear her soft spoken voice, see her pictures and learn about the way she turned her life round at age.... 65!!!!
And it's all about her being an actress, a style icon, a lover of hats. She used to say..."HATS GIVE YOU A FRAME."





2 comments:

aurelia said...

Saw your comment on Freelancer's Fashion Blog. You should come join us at The Long Hair Community. We have cheese!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

I had to picture google this lady. What looks!