A blog about vintage fashion, vintage jewels and art.....

Thursday, July 25, 2013

High Summer and Heady Flowers

A break from blogging never did anybody any harm. Back with a bump in the middle of high summer, I linger over some inspiring summery ideas for wearing flowers in my hair..... here's some inspiration for you too....

Silver Screen Actress Marsha Hunt - 1940s



Portrait of Spanish Dancer Isolina Maldonado - 1921 -oils by Robert Henri (1865-1929)

 



Flower crown

Jessica Cangiano of Chronically Vintage Blog




Hair wreath






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of these women are gorgeous! Amazing how one bit of whimsy in the hair glams up everything. wouldn't you agree?

Carly Carter

ChatterBlossom said...

Oh I just love that Victorian photo!
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Lori said...

This is such a gorgeous look! Reminds me of my great grandmother, a glamorous and lovely lady who often wore flowers in her hair. Thank you for including my Victorian photo!

Hollie said...

This is awesome!